A HOLIDAY MESSAGE FROM THE PRESIDENT
I am a volunteer at VMSN. It is my great joy, privilege, and passion to serve as the CEO and President of Volunteers in Medicine of Southern Nevada (VMSN). VMSN is my way to give back to this world in a tangible and impactful manner. At Volunteers in Medicine of Southern Nevada we are building a healthy Las Vegas community, one patient, one family at a time. VMSN is truly a grassroots movement when it comes to the delivery of healthcare. We are the community’s response to its own healthcare needs. We are neighbors helping neighbors. VMSN is a Free and Charitable Clinic. It is estimated that there are three million medical and dental visits provided by Free and Charitable Clinics annually in the United States. We can see that Free Clinics are an integral part of the overall health care system. We provide a safety net for the working uninsured who are not covered by any other programs.
An estimated 300,000 patients will remain uninsured even after the full implementation of the ACA. They are “the working poor” – in other words, they earn too much for Medicaid but they can’t even afford insurance on the Exchange. We need your help.
Preview our Holiday Catalog. Please make your gift this holiday season and impact the lives of those who would otherwise go without health care.
Florence Jameson, M.D. Founder/CEO
To give your Holiday Gift this season:
- Donate online
- Complete the RSVP Card and mail to Amber Bartholomew, VMSN 4770 Harrison Dr. Suite 200 | Las Vegas, NV 89121
- Donate by phone – contact Amber Bartholomew, Director of Philanthropy at (702) 967-0530, ext. 215 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-Kind Donation – complete the in-kind donation form and return to VMSN with your donation. Donations may be delivered to the clinic or contact us to arrange for delivery.
WHAT OUR PATIENTS SAY
“My family and I all have medical conditions that we need care for. Until I found VMSN I was really scared as to how we were going to survive. We were a middle-class family doing great for years in [Las Vegas] then suddenly-no work no insurance. The VMSN facility and staff are very nice. VMSN doesn’t make you [feel ashamed] to ask for help. Thank you for saving our lives with the [ongoing treatment and medications] you provide, particularly for my Type 1 diabetic son.”
The Florence Nightingale Capital Campaign Fund
Making a Donation
- Donate online – Make a one-time or recurring tax deductible gift online
- Donate by mail or fax
- Donate by phone – To make a U.S. tax-deductible donation with your credit card by phone, please contact Christina Moon, Director of Philanthropy at (702) 967-0530, ext. 215, Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm – Pacific Time
- In-Kind Donation – To make an in-kind donation of products and/or services, please complete the in-kind donation form and return to VMSN with your donation. Donations may be delivered to the clinic or contact us to arrange for delivery
Types of Donations
- Recurring Gift – Dollar a Day
Make a recurring gift of a dollar a day or more by signing up for VMSN’s monthly giving program. Your credit card will be processed on the day you sign up for the program and then on the first of each month thereafter.
- Gifts in honor or memorial
Your gift will have additional significance and meaning if you choose to contribute in honor or in memory of someone. We will send a card to those you designate to receive notification of your honor or memorial gift. To make a gift in someone’s honor, please include the name and address of that person. To make a gift in someone’s memory, please include the name of that person and also the address of any individual (s), family, and/or friends you would like us to notify.
- Gifts of stock and securities
VMSN welcomes gifts of stock and securities. All donations are U.S. tax deductible, and it is possible that giving a gift of stock or securities may have the added benefit of helping the donor avoid capital gains tax on appreciated securities.
- Corporate matching gifts
Your place of work may offer a matching gift program, which could double your donation to VMSN. By talking to your Human Resource Department you can find out if this is an option.
- Planned gifts
Gifts made through your will, trusts, life insurance or retirement assets are some of the ways you can help to provide VMSN with an ongoing source of income that enables us to make the multiple-year investments required to create sustainable projects that will have long-lasting impact for generations to come. Please click here to view types of planned gifts.